Monday, May 5, 2008

Muffin recipes

Thanks to all who passed on some wonderful recipes. I have enjoyed making and eating them. My mom was kind enough to share a recipe with me that I think has to be THE healthiest muffin I have ever encountered. It contains all the food groups. What more could you want? I feel it is my responsibility to the universe to continue to pass it on. I hope you make them and enjoy them as much as we have.

1 cup flour
1 cup natural bran
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup wheat germ
1 tsp soda
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp sunflower seeds
1 cup chopped almonds
1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
3/4 cup shredded carrots
grated rind of 1 orange
1 cup sour milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 1/2 cups chopped apple
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp almond extract

Combine all dry ingredients. Beat milk, egg and oil together. Add to dry mixture and stir to moisten. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Only Auntie Helen could include all those ingredients in a muffin! No wonder she looks so great...now as soon as my oven works again i'm gonna whip up a batch!