Elijah has recently really discovered the Mega Blocks that he got for Christmas. The night that this pictures was taken he spent an hour playing with them on the living room floor. He would diligently add a block and then another block. When it got too high it would topple over and he would start again. Every once in a while he would look up at me and smile as if to say, "Ain't life grand mommy?"
And I would have to say, "yes son, it is."
Life has been incredibly busy for me at work lately. Trevor has been working the night shift so our recent conversations have either taken place in passing when I get home from work and he leaves or at 3 a.m. when he crawls into bed (and I will be the first to admit that my conversation skills are limited at best at that hour).
Yet, I find myself being thankful. Trevor is working in town and while I may not be able to spend as much Mommy time with Elijah as I would like he's getting some good Daddy time. And he has such a good daddy. His daddy has such a great balance of patience and playfulness. You would never know that this was his first time in the role. It makes me love him so much more when I see the tender way that he cares for our little boy.
I am also reminded to appreciate these moments. And so the dishes get left until Elijah decides that it is time for us to do them and we go outside to play in the snow. Elijah face planted in the fresh snow twice. He still thought it was fun to help shovel the driveway.
Yes, these are the pleasures of life.
1 comment:
What a great reminder to us to enjoy the simple pleasures, the things that really matter in life! I am learning to do this too, and it's a challenge. I don't even have kids!
I am glad you both get to enjoy Elijah, he seems like such a happy boy, it must be just so much fun.
Post a Comment