Monday, July 13, 2009

Why

Why do I go through months of nausea? Months of heartburn? Colds where I can't take any meds? Eyesight that requires me to wear my glasses when I'd really like to be wearing sunglasses? Frequent trips to the bathroom? All sorts of body adjustments I won't get into?

This, my friends, is why.


Regardless of how much those things suck right now, I know that there is a child waiting to discover something at the end of the tunnel.

Who knew that the discovery of how a squirt bottle works could bring as much joy to Elijah as it did. He was amazed. Everytime he pressed the button, water came out. You spend time with a kid discovering something new like that and tell me that life doesn't look a little bit better.

So yes, I've still got a summer cold, but somehow, after a night of giggles, it doesn't seem quite so bad.

p.s. Check out his sandle tan. Try to beat that.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

It is all worth it isn't it? What a sweet adorable child you have! And, yes that sandal tan can't be beat. =0)
By the way, when is #2 due?

Laurel said...

October 17th.

For the record, he regularly wears sunscreen. Just not on his feet. That kid can TAN.