Yesterday Lillian got her picture taken for her very first passport. We're planning a trip somewhere south of Canada in February so we needed to start the process of getting her some proper flying ID.
It's made me think of all the the passports I dream that she will need down the road. Passports to go on adventures around the world and experience the things that make your world richer and your level of compassion just a little bit higher.
I dream of emails from London saying that she thinks that perhaps she may just have caught a glimpse of King William.
I dream of a phone call from Peru in the orphanage that she's spending her summer volunteering at.
I dream of quick trips to Fargo with her friends for a weekend of shopping and girl time.
And sometimes, when the mother in me doesn't get too scared, I dream that she will go to places like Africa and fall in love with the people like her mom did. I dream that she will have a heart of love for those who have not had all the advantages that she will grow up with.
But mostly, I dream that she will be happy and live the life that God created her for.
4 comments:
That picture is the epitome of the German word "buschye" (adorable little girl) or something like that.
"somewhere south of Canada".....you know Texas is south of Canada. And it's a great place to visit in February. And we're nice people. And we have good Mexican food.
With a mom like you I'm sure she'll have a penchant for traveling and adventure....
Btw, how far south are you going??
Destination is still unknown. There are six of us trying to make a decision. (We're going with my family.)
Post a Comment