Thursday, June 24, 2010

All this beauty is hard work

Part of what we loved so much about our new place when we bought it was the yard. It was big (for Winnipeg) and well established. By that I mean LOTS of perennials. You name the flower we likely have it in our yard. There are flower beds, trees and shrubs everywhere. It's really pretty to look at but it is a lot of work.

It is even harder when you don't know what's a weed and what's a flower. (Note: I am proud to admit that my knowledge of various plants has expanded since my first day at the Sears Garden Centre when I didn't know the difference between and annual and a perennial. However, knowing the difference between and annual and perennial is quite different than knowing the different kinds of Hostas or roses.)

So, here's just a sampling of what's in our yard.




No comments: