Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Good Bye Cleaning Lady

Good bye Cleaning Lady.

It is with a bit of sadness that I bid you farewell. Believe me, I have enjoyed coming home to the smell of Mr. Clean permeating my house. I have enjoyed the clean floors and the washed dishes drying on the counter.

The thing is, you're not me. And, I'm a little bit cheap.

I love the thought of a clean house without any effort on my part. The thing is, I pay you a good amount of money to do that. I grew up with good thrifty Mennonite values and I always want to get my money's worth. If you're coming to clean my house on Tuesday I stop cleaning up after my self in order to get the full value of the service that you are providing me.

I don't like living that way. I like taking the two minutes to pick something up and put it away. I like the feeling of being relatively organized - that you could enter my house at any moment and it would look lived in but not hoarding-ish.

We'll see how this works. In theory, I think it's great to have someone come clean your house every two weeks. In real life, it ended up being not so great.

So, Cleaning Lady, I will miss your cleaning ways but I will enjoy the "extra" money in my bank account.

No comments: