that we have found childcare for Elijah.
I am also happy to report that she surpasses the minimum requirement of having a heartbeat. While it is a greater distance from home than I would like, we feel really good about the situation and think it will be a good fit for our family. There are several other kids at this home daycare and we think it will be nice for Elijah to have a chance to socialize with other kids every day.
Who knew that it would that challenging to find care? I actually had someone at a daycare laugh at me when I told them I was looking for full time care in September. Having said that, I also had daycares sympathetic to my situation. Several places tried to direct me to various home daycares.
I am so grateful to everyone who prayed and sent me possible options. In the end there were several opportunities available to us and it didn't feel like we *had* to take this one because it was the only option. We were glad to find that there were several other situations that would probably have worked out as well.
So the lesson to be learned is this: If you plan on having kids at any point in the next 10 years, and you think you might be going back to work, put your name on the waiting lists. Or, you can also believe that God will work things out and provide a home daycare for you. Either way, today our family is happy to report that Elijah will enjoying some great care in September.
No comments:
Post a Comment