Monday, August 18, 2008

When did he become a little boy?


I looked at this picture of Elijah and realized that he looks like a little boy. He's not a baby anymore.

There is a small part of me that is sad about that, but I have to admit that I like that he is becoming more and more independent. He doesn't need me like he once did. As long as I can keep the perspective that parenting is not about how my child makes me feel, I am good with this. I am proud with him when he tries something that he's never done before. The smile of accomplishment on his face never ceases to warm my heart.

I am also glad that that independance will give me the opportunity to once again use some of my non-mommy skills. To have something to add to a conversation besides his latest tooth (which popped out this morning) or the state of his bowel movements. It will be nice to going biking or cross country skiing without the thought that I have to hurry home to feed him. Someone else can do that. Yup. I think that this independence thing will be nice.

No comments: