When we went to the ER on Saturday the doctor told us to come back if Elijah's temperature was over 38.5. After several days of being sick, but not getting worse, his temperature was hoovering around 39. So, we went back.
Once again we had a great doctor. He checked Elijah out and said that the issue really seemed to be the ears. He wasn't concerned about anything else because the major areas where there could be concern seemed okay.
He was also a realist. I will forgive him for directing his comments at me even though Elijah's Daddy was in the room. I don't believe he intentionally meant to disrespect Elijah's caring Daddy. He confirmed in a tongue in cheek kind of way that I would always do the wrong thing. Bring him in today and the doctor makes you feel like you're a paranoid parent. Wait two days and the doctor makes you feel guilty because you waited two days. Above all, according to kind ER doctor, mommy's gut rules. If I really think that something is wrong with my child, find a doctor that will listen. As far as he was concerned though, Elijah will likely be okay.
So, Elijah is sleeping now. Hopefully we'll have a good night and the fever will continue to drop. I don't have to work until 11:30 tomorrow so we can hopefully get some good sleep in time. Poor fellow.
I'm gunna go get me some supper and head to bed.
1 comment:
You bet! Mommy's gut DOES rule! I have had too many of those sleepless nights of runny nose, ear tugging, feverish crying. And u wake up in the morning and they're happy as punch. Under the cover of night, it returns. ACK! As long as he's takin his meds he should be feeling better within a day or two. Its amazing how fast those ear infections creep up tho hey? AND ALWAYS at night! On that note, Onyx woke up last night and said his ear hurt...lol.
Post a Comment