Friday, November 7, 2008

Life is good

Sometimes it is hard to be optimistic about life. Others times it is much easier. Now is one of those times.

I have been back at my job for almost two months now and it has been nice to be back. Sure, there have been some hiccups. I'm going back to the job I left on Monday which means that I have spent a lot of time doing other things. I have been reminded of the things that I enjoy about my job. From the 86 year old member driving across the city to welcome me back from my mat leave to the staff and their idiosyncrasies. I work with a great mosaic of people that enrich my life.

Elijah has been doing so well at daycare. His daycare Tante takes great delight in him and his achievements. I was sad to have missed his first steps but I have no doubt that they were encouraged just as enthusiastically as they would have been at home. I love dropping him off or picking him up and seeing him interact with the other kids. I love seeing his social skills develop.

I have great friends and family who continually remind me by their words and actions how blessed I am.

Yup. Life is good. It may suck for some people that the weather took a dramatic turn this week but I'm looking forward to letting Elijah play in the snow for the first time. It may suck for some people that McCain lost in the US election but I am full of hope because of Obama. What a great world to live in.

So there you go. The moral of the story today is: Life is good.

No comments: