She made her big arrival this week!
Brief delivery details: I woke up at 2:30 on Wednesday feeling a bit off and wondered if I was in labour. Within an hour I was having contractions so after a quick call to Trevor's mom to come look after Elijah, we were off to the hospital. There was a lot of pain and then some drugs and then the doctor broke my water and then there was the arrival. I pushed for three hours with Elijah and was incredibly thankful that this time it was only 10 minutes. (Ironically enough my doctor was there to delivery at the exact time that I was supposed to be having a prenatal check up with her.)
It was nice to have a few days in the hospital getting to know Lillian a bit while Elijah was at my parents. We are still amazed at not only the quantity of her hair but the color. It seriously looks like she's gotten highlights already. I think we may have a diva on our hands.
We are doing well and while Elijah hasn't taken ownership of Lillian, he certainly has as much affection for her that a two year old can muster. There have been gentle touches and a kiss now and then. Wow does he seem big now.
Overall, we are doing well and look forward to everyone getting to meet her.
1 comment:
She is so pretty! Those highlights are great too. =0) So happy to hear that all went so well!
Post a Comment