Friday, June 15, 2012
She cut her hair.
In case you haven't seen my Facebook status update, Lillian cut her hair yesterday. It was only upon closer observation today that I realized that she scalped herself. Now, her saving grace is that she did it underneath some longer hair. You can only tell if you look at her hair a certain way.
I guess this is a certain rite of passage. Everyone seems to have a story from their childhood where either they or a sibling were involved in some sort of snipping incident. (It is interesting to note that typically only one sibling is involved in such an incident. Does this mean that Elijah and Nora are safe from any future hair events?)
I vaguely remember my own snipping incident at the age of four. I cut my bangs. I don't think I actually remember the event. I've just seen enough pictures that I'm somehow convinced that I remember it.
So I think that Lillian has learned her lesson about hair cutting. When I asked her who could cut her hair she said "only mommy or daddy or dramma (grandma) or my other dramma.". She was curious what would happen if she cut it. Now she knows.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment