Thursday, February 21, 2008

My apologies and gratitude



I realize that pretty much everything I post here has something to do with the brilliant achievements of my son. Sorry about that. I have become one of "those" people who talk incessently about their child and regularly provide photo updates in case you had forgotten how cute their child is.

I am constantly amazed by him. It seems like every day he does something new. This past weeks achievement was standing at the coffee table (which is why there is a photo).

I really didn't expect parenting to be like this. I never expected to so thoroughly enjoy being with him. I will be the first person to admit that children have never been my favorite point of social interaction. I have never been overcome with the need to hold someones child. I figured parenting would probably personalize it a bit for me but I figured that I would likely view my child the same way. I think that I enjoy it so much more because of my expectations. Had I had grand ideas about it, I might have been disappointed. Now my life has become filled with all the cheesy parenting cliches that I did not understand before Elijah arrived. My life IS better because he is in it.

So I thank each of you for indulging me in my parental joys. Greater friends one could not have.

2 comments:

Gretchen said...

Laurel, I totally know what you mean. As you can tell by MY blog, I feel the same way about being a parent! =0)
I have just recently been like "can I take a break from you now???" But that's just because I'm dealing with a toddler. I do still think that everything that he does is special and amazing even the screaming...
Keep posting I love seeing the progress he is making.

Andrew said...

Well said.