Friday, September 5, 2008

Optimism and the flowers down the street

There is a house that I pass when I walk to the mall. It makes me smile when I pass it.

In the spring there was an attempt made by the owners of the house make some changes to their front yard. One of the changes was to move the walkway from the side to the middle of the yard. Then they optimistically planted flowers down the sides of the walkway. They were maybe six inches at the time.

As summer has gone on, so have the flowers. They are probably three feet high and they have completely taken over the walkway. You couldn't walk down it even if you wanted to.

Sometimes our best intentions just don't work out the way we expect them to. Sometimes you just have to smile because what else can you do.

No comments: