Friday, September 26, 2008

Return to work

As many of you know, this week I headed back to work. I am happy to report that the pain was minimal and the pain that was there was mostly felt by the mommy.

Elijah had spent some time at his daycare already and so it was *easy* to drop him off on Wednesday. He headed to his little kitchen area because, you know, there is baking and cooking to be done. So I headed off to work.

The first half hour involved a few tears that were mostly induced by my working mother co-workers who were full of a great deal of sympathy for me. It didn't take long for me to remember what I love about SCU and the people that I work with. My boss took me for lunch and was kind enough to get me a laptop to help read my 16,000 emails. (No, that was not an exaggeration).

It was nice to have a short work week to get back into the swing of things. I ended up leaving early today to bring Elijah to his one year immunizations. (Two needles in his arms and the little boy didn't even flinch).

I'm looking forward to a fun family weekend to refresh me for a full week of work next week.

Thanks to everyone who has kept us in their thoughts and prayers. I don't know how this week could have gone any better.

No comments: