Thursday, January 22, 2009

Why I love Elijah's daycare

This morning it took a while for us to get from the car to the daycare door. Now that the weather is nicer I'm not carrying Elijah. I'm letting him walk. Oh the things he has to observe on the walk into the house. Who knows? The snow might actually be different two feet from where he is currently standing. He should probably study that as well.

We got in this morning to a cheerful "good morning" from Taunte, his daycare lady. The other two kids were already there eagerly waiting for him to come play with them. The one closest to his age came running over and started taking the velcro off his boots to help him get undressed a little bit faster. Elijah beamed as the three of us took off his winter wear.

I left for work with a smile on my face because I feel good about where Elijah spends his days. Here's why:

1. Taunte celebrates my son. When he does something new or discovers something she is just as excited to tell me as I am to hear it.

2. She genuinely cares for his well-being. Every time he has been sick she has given him cuddles and love.

3. He has friends. It's so cute to see him running off with the other kids to play together and share together. They're all older than him and it's kind of neat how they motivate him to do new things that they can already do. They were so excited when he started walking.

4. He gets exposed to things that I might not think about. They "made" a snowman before Christmas that had a styrofoam head with cotton batting for the body. The hat was a plastic apple sauce container that ended up coming unglued. He has spent hours putting that hat on the snowman laughing every time it comes tumbling off.

5. I get to spend time each day using my gifts and abilities doing things that I love. Then I get to come home to my favorite boy in the world and enjoy all his discoveries. (Like tonight - all through super he kept saying "Oh oh". Very cute.)

I am thankful that God answered our prayers and found us a good daycare, close to home, that we can see Elijah thriving at. I've still got a smile on my face.

No comments: